Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Mar 17, 2009

UVa in Costa Rica

17 sweet UVa students, 1 God-fearing NYC financier, and 3 daring Chi Alpha leaders brought joy and excitement to Costa Rica in a way that I had never quite experienced. If you don’t believe me, check out the videos I’ve been tagged in on Facebook, and witness what happened on our daily bus rides. Completely nuts.

This team was an incredible blessing to my ministry down here, as they left my cup flowing over with encouragement and renewed enthusiasm for serving the Costa Ricans.

They worked 4 days of construction at the Children’s Community Center in Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, hosted 3 Vacation Bible School lessons in and around P.V., attended 2 church services in P.V., and worked 1 day of construction at the Children’s Home in Coronado. In the midst of that exhausting schedule, they spent every night reflecting on God's presence that day and praying for one another. Real prayers. For real needs.

I won’t even try to describe how amazing it was to have such young, vibrant, Christ-centered friends down here with me. The fact that they rocked my world, and the world of all the Costa Ricans who I’ve talked to since, will have to suffice. And that they did it all while fixing their minds on God's work in their lives, will have to be the cherry on top.

Thank you Chi Alpha, you are awesome.

1 comment:

Bobby Pearson said...

We miss you Will and had a great week serving with you. I will talk to you soon.