Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Apr 26, 2009

Pandas in Costa Rica?

I helped to dig up some bamboo shoots in the middle of a bamboo forest the other day. It was breathtaking.

The last team that was here, from Cape Coral, Florida, had the task of digging post-holes for the property-line fence down by the river at the Children’s Home. And wouldn’t you know, but we were digging in the middle of bamboo. Lots of it. With a river running below us, about 10 feet away. Everywhere you looked—bamboo. It was surreal.

I wish I had a picture of it, but that will have to come later. Even still, the picture won’t do justice for the beautifully clear blue skies, the running river, and the lush green bamboo forest that was surrounding us as we dug.

I praise the Lord that the Children’s Home kids will be able to grow up in an environment like this. And no, there are no pandas in Costa Rica.

1 comment:

David Shriver said...

Hey Willlllllllllllllll
I have the pictures.I'll figure out how to get them to you. We got back to Cape Coral after midnight Been filling jackie in on it all.
David