Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Jun 27, 2009

Gold medals


Campeones.

Today the Metodista Wildcats shut down the Arizona Wildcats (straight from the US of A) in the Ecobasket Costa Rica Championship, an elementary school basketball battle.

While I couldn't tell you the final score (due to the lack of a scoreboard), I know that we were up 15-4 at one point in the first half, and we were up by 20 heading into the fourth quarter.

Our full-court press and defense wore down the opposition, making up for our poor shooting percentage. I'm confident that we can learn to become more effective offensively, but for now I'm happy with our defensive mindset.

I initially thought I'd be the head coach for the championship, but our coach, Byron Villalobos, was able to make a last-second appearance at the game. Also helping to coach (though not pictured): my dear friend Wesley Wu. It was so great to have him at the game with me.

Costa Rica not only beats the US in soccer, they also beat them in basketball.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow congrats!
And it's sweet that Wes got to coach too! awesome.