Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Sep 26, 2009

Seminary, I'm coming

To all of you who keep up with my life plans and such, I've got a small update for you: I'm currently applying to seminary schools, so that I can enroll in the fall of 2010.

That means my days here in Costa Rica are numbered :-( I'm planning on stickin' around this country until April/May of next year, when I'll move back to the States, move to some new city, and then prepare myself for another 3 years of school.

With that being said, Ray is in need of some new interns. Whether full-time or part-time, the help is needed. I'll be doing some recruiting around Texas in November, and I'll be receiving emails from now until May, hoping that new people are called to ministry in Costa Rica.

However, all is not lost. We have Kim Baldwin and, potentially, Alli Adams who will be serving here full-time, so I'm not leaving an empty nest. There is plenty of help available, yet plenty more work than just the 2 of them can handle.

So please, pray for us. Pray for your friends. Pray for your family. And if you know of college students, college grads, or anyone else who feels called by God to come down to CR, don't hesitate to let us know.

1 comment:

La Gringa Tica said...

I am so interested! I'm a senior in college right now and will be graduating in May and am 100% sure I am heading to Costa Rica once i do. The only thing I'm not sure about is what I am going to be doing when I get there.

I have actually had a few conversations with Ray Zirkel (that is who you are talking about, right?) a few months ago but got busy and never got the chance to finish with the application.

Can you tell me everything about your time down there? Like what have you been doing, how long have you been there, what have you done about money since theres no salary? How was your spanish when you got down there? I want to know everything that you dont mind sharing because I definitely know that Costa Rica is where I am called to be but dont know where exactly I'm going to end up.

Also, what would be the responsibilities of the part time interns as opposed to the full time ones?

My e-mail address is emma.s.hall@gmail.com.

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!