Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Jan 31, 2010

Christmas in Africa


Welcome to Child Haven in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Child Haven is home to 13 children who are growing up and receiving the love and care of a Christian mother and numerous Christian "aunties"--and one of those aunties happens to be my girlfriend, Amanda Brill.

I went to South Africa to visit Amanda in December, and some of my most treasured moments in that country were spent at Child Haven, playing with the kids and watching them try to discern what their mama and aunties meant when they said that I was Auntie Amanda's boyfriend and she was my girlfriend. They're adorable.

Before Amanda and I left the country for Christmas, I was able to dish out a collection of candy canes (fresh from the USA) as my parting gift. Here you can see the kids displaying their gifts with pride and admiration (or a complete lack of understanding that they were posing for a picture).

The Child Haven ministry and the other ministry that Amanda is a part of, an HIV/AIDS Community/Children's Home, are incredible blessings to the Kingdom of God. You can learn more about Amanda's ministry on her blog, www.miracle-work.blogspot.com.

I'll just say that I'm a blessed boy . . .

1 comment:

Asley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.