Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Feb 23, 2010

In Platanares

Over the past few weeks I've spent a good amount of time at one of our churches on the foothills of a mountain range, in Platanares de Moravia. It has a lively Kids' Club on Saturday mornings and great preaching on Sunday mornings, so it's really been a no-brainer to keep going back. And this past week one of our mission teams was able to host a Vacation Bible School lesson for the kids in that community.

Spending that much time in one place has allowed me to build a close relationship with the kiddos--a budding relationship that includes chasing, racing, piggy-back rides, helicopter rides, and punishment for calling me slow and/or lazy. So, above, you have Warren, a pastor's kid (aren't we all alike) who was convinced that I was slow and lazy and that I couldn't catch him (because that's what chasing kids is all about). Finally, my competitive nature won me over and Warren became a heap in my arms.

So the new game has become, "How can I get Will to pick me up and throw me around?" Below you'll see Emanuel, who was proud to be a winner of said game . . . until things started falling out of his pockets.



After VBS there was a sight over the church that I have never seen before: a double rainbow. One was bright as the sun itself, the other was much more subtle. It was incredible. A big thanks to Mark White who captured one of the rainbows brilliantly (and who's responsible for the other photos on this post as well).

No comments: