Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

May 24, 2010

Goodbye Seminary

On my last day in Costa Rica, I attended my final classes at the Methodist Seminary. It was a fitting place to say goodbye, as many of our pastors, as well as the Bishop of the Methodist Church of Costa Rica, were in attendance.

The Bishop offered some rather kind words about my ministry in Costa Rica, and he even presented me with some meaningful gifts commemorating my time spent with the Methodist Church. The pastors then followed that up by praying for me, and all of them were incredibly sincere and loving in their final words to me. It was a blessing.

But the real reason that the Seminary was the right place to say goodbye was because of the two professors who became my great friends over the course of the last two years: Ray Zirkel (center) and Will Faircloth (left).

Ray and Will opened up their lives and their homes to me, and helped me to learn invaluable lessons about living a life of ministry. I truly cannot say enough about the meaning of their friendship in my life, but that didn't stop me from trying when I said goodbye. They both know that I love them, and all of you can know that they are two wonderful men of God.

No comments: