Romans 11:36

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever! Amen."

Jan 31, 2009

Around the World in Eighty Days


Okay, so I haven't really traveled around the world in eighty days -- or ever, for that matter. But I randomly decided, after talking with a friend of mine tonight, that'd it'd be interesting to give y'all some

Random Facts from 
Will's Life of Non-Stop Travels:

  • Since May 2008, not once have I slept in the same room for at least 2 consecutive weeks.
  • If you discredit April and May 2008, you would have to look back to December 2007 to find the last time I slept in the same room for at least 2 consecutive weeks.
  • In my final semester at UVa, leading up to May 2008 (16 total weekends), I traveled outside of Charlottesville for 9 weekends. Those 9 weekends were during a 10-week span
  • From June – November 2008, during my time in Costa Rica, I slept in more than 20 beds (alone, thank you very much :-).
  • In 35 nights in Virginia over my “holiday break,” I changed sleeping locations 23 times.
  • In 35 nights spent in and around Texas over the same break, I changed sleeping locations 14 times . . . chump change.
  • The ~5 weeks I spent at home in Texas was the longest I’d spent there since May/June 2006.
  • From June 2006 – November 2008 (30 months), I spent 9 months outside of the States, in 10 different countries
  • I’m now getting ready to defy all odds and spend one year in one location!  I plan on leaving Costa Rica only three times before the middle of November, for a total of no more than 2-3 weeks (because my visa requires me to do so). Finally, a hint of a break . . .

No comments: